Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Fun Evening at the Park!

On Thursday evening, we decided to take the kids to Municipal Park and play and feed the ducks. It was a great evening, there was hardly any people there and the temperature even cooperated!! First, we let them play at the playground. They had a blast running around, sliding, and playing on the equipment.




They loved spinning on these (they were like stand-n-spins):


After they got tired of spinning, we decided to go swinging! The kids got to swing first. Then, Dustin got tired and didn't want to swing anymore, so I got in his swing. I love to swing, it is so relaxing. I was going to swing myself, but Dustin started pushing me and I wasn't going to deny my child!!


When we were all finished swinging, We went to feed the ducks. We found a Mommy Duck and her babies. They were so cute and hungry, so we fed them lots of bread!!

After feeding the babies ALL the bread, we went to supper ourselves at CiCi's! It was truly a fun-filled evening!!



On Friday, I decided to bake cupcakes. Now, usually I put the icing on the cupcakes for the kids, but figure they are able to do it themselves now (and probably should have been letting them for awhile). So, after they were cooled, I gave them each their own spoon with icing on it and they had a blast!




And we all had a blast eating them!!

0 comments: