Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Second Day of School!!

Today was another great day at school! We started the routine of Dustin riding with Mommy and him having to play on the computer or his leapster in the morning while Mommy is working before the school bell rings. He did a great job!!!


The kids can go sit by their classroom doors at 8:00 and I took Dustin down to his room and he sat down like everyone else and started reading a book. Then I realized he had not eaten breakfast, so I took him to the cafeteria and got his breakfast. He ate all by himself and walked back to his room by himself when he was finished (I had to go out to car duty!). He is such a big boy now!!


During the day, they had started testing and Mrs. Henderson had to tell me what he did.....

1st--- There was a page of words and the directions were to point to a word. Dustin said, "What word?". (They just had to point to any word). They repeated the directions and Dustin said, "What word...and, the, go... pointing to those words as he said their name. Well, atleast he knows some sight words!!!
2nd-- The question was show me what you do after you finish reading a page. Dustin preceded to say, "Duh!! and showed her how to turn the page as he did it!" Such a smarty pants!!!

3rd-- There was a page of sentences and the question was Point to a capital letter. Dustin pointed to the capital letter at the top of page where there was a picture of a car with a car tag and the letters on the car tag were capitalized!! Such an out-of-the-box thinker!!

I never laughed so hard as she was telling me all this. Plus, I was thinking, Maybe I taught him too much!! Oh well, Dustin is learning a lot and having a lot of fun at school!!

Tomorrow Shelby starts Dance so the post will probably be about her! So, now you will get to see what antics Shelby will get into!!

0 comments: